Vegan Chickpea Burgers
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
These deliciously hearty vegan chickpea burgers offer a Mediterranean twist to the traditional burger patty. Packed full with veggies, beans, slow-burning carbs, and warming spices; they will fill you up with mouthwatering goodness and a ton of nutrients. The chickpeas and the oats make these burgers substantial enough that you can serve them without the refined buns. And if you’re missing something creamy to pair these burgers with, a bit of Greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt to keep them 100% vegan) mixed with some dill and a spritz of lemon juice will do the trick. These freeze great, so feel free to double the batch and freeze a few for no-fuss weekday dinners.
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of warm water and set aside to thicken up.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the chickpeas, onion, carrots, and garlic. Pulse until the mixture is crumbly. Add in the flax, oats, parsley, cumin, curry powder, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper and pulse until the mixture starts to form into a bowl. Don’t pulse until completely smooth; you want the burgers to have a bit of texture.
- Divide into 4 parts and form into patties. Place on your prepared baking sheet and roast for 18-20 minutes, flipping the burgers halfway through.
- Serve with a fresh veggies salad and a dollop of yogurt with dill and fresh lemon. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per burger)