Vegan Black Bean, Quinoa, and Corn Chili
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
This vegan, one pot black bean and corn chili with quinoa is some serious comfort food perfect for a chilly winter afternoon. The quinoa makes the chili thick and hearty, the black beans add a good dose of protein, and the corn makes it creamy and delicious. We’re also sneaking a ton of other vegetables in to make sure you get your five a day. It will last for a good week in the fridge and at least 6 months in the freezer, so double or triple the recipe and cook up a big batch. On lazy days, you’ll be looking forward to coming home to a warm bowl of this delicious chili.
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Olive Oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 6 celery stalks, diced
- 3 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red chili pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (if you like your chili mild, use less)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, celery, bell peppers, and chili pepper to the hot oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies soften up, around 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the spices and the tomato paste and cook for another minute or two, just until the spices become fragrant. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- dd in the quinoa, broth, canned tomatoes, black beans, and frozen corn. Partially cover with a lid and let the chili simmer away for 15-20 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked through and fluffy. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving)