Kale, Beet, Orange & Cranberry Salad
If chewing on bland and boring lettuce doesn’t please you – you’re not alone. This salad is an explosion of flavors and textures with each bite and pretty far from boring. The sautéed kale and roasted beets bring a dark, earthy note, the orange is very refreshing and zingy, the cranberries and pumpkin seeds offer a good dose of crunch and chewy texture, and the goat cheese just rounds up everything with a big of creaminess and tang. Not to mention all of the health benefits from eating three of the most nutritious foods on the planet – kale, beets, and pumpkin seeds all in one meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large beet, roasted and chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (unsweetened)
- 1 ounce soft goat cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add the kale and the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale wilts down, around 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a large serving plate and top with the beet and orange slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, and orange zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the kale salad and top with pumpkin seeds, cranberries, and goat cheese. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving):