Grilled Veggie Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
What better to do on a warm, sunny day than to fire up the outdoor grill and host an al fresco dinner party? This grilled veggie salad is a real bounty of summer flavors and textures, but more importantly, it is incredibly easy to prepare and serves a crowd. Better yet, any leftovers can be safely stored in the fridge for at least 4-6 days, making for an easy and delicious lunch. Feel free to play around with the choice of veggies depending on what you like or already have on hand.
- 3 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 3 yellow bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 pound mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set grill to medium high. Alternatively, heat a roasting pan over medium heat.
- Cook the potato slices in salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Combine all veggies in a large bowl and toss with two tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the vegetables on the grill rack and grill until soft and slightly blackened, around 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Once done, return to the mixing bowl and toss with remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add in the fresh dill and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving)