Crispy Parmesan and Spinach Omelet with Green Peas
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Imagine this: a savory spinach omelet with crispy parmesan edges and creamy green peas, served piping hot on a lazy Sunday morning… Well, you don’t need to imagine it any further as this recipe is so quick and easy, we promise you’ll make it first thing next weekend. An omelet is a delicious breakfast all on its own, but when paired up with the spinach, peas, and the parmesan it is truly a showstopper, not to mention all of the nutrients you’ll be getting from all those greens. Serve it alongside a simple cherry tomato salad and you’ll have a breakfast fit for a king.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons full-fat milk
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- a few handfuls fresh mint, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and parmesan cheese with a fat pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and let it set for a few seconds. Every so often, pull the slightly set edges into the middle with a spatula.
- Once the omelet is mostly set, place the baby spinach on one half and fold the other half over it, forming a half-moon. Cook for a few seconds more, just until the omelet is crispy on the outside, yet loose and creamy in the middle.
- In the meantime, heat the ghee or coconut oil in a smaller sauté pan and add in the peas and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until the peas are warmed through and the garlic is fragrant, around 4-5 minutes. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the omelet between two plates and serve with warmed peas and fresh mint. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving)