Grilled Zucchini Pasta and Feta Salad with Roasted Sunflower Seeds
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
While pasta is undoubtedly one of the most delicious and comforting meals ever to come out of the kitchen, sometimes you just want something light and refreshing, especially in the summer months. Enter: zucchini. The humble zucchini is the perfect substitute for pasta – it takes on a similar texture, yet it is very nutritious and doesn’t leave you feeling sluggish. This incredible summer salad is made with grilled zucchini “tagliatelle”, creamy feta, peppery radishes, and roasted sunflower seeds for some texture and crunch. This zucchini pasta is so delicious and filling, it will surely become a staple on your summer grill parties.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced vertically into long strips (this is your pasta)
- 2 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 ounces. feta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Alternatively, heat your outdoor grill to high.
- Brush the sliced zucchini with the tablespoon of olive oil and arrange on a single rack among two baking sheets. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, flipping the pasta strips halfway through, until the zucchini slices are tender and golden-brown. Transfer to a large salad bowl and add in the radishes, onion, and sunflower seeds.
- n a small bowl, whisk the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and top with feta cheese. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving)