Fish Tacos with Avocado and Fresh Salsa
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Creamy, crunchy, fresh, and simply delicious – fish tacos are the quintessential taste of summer. Whether it’s just for a simple weeknight meal or an outdoor dinner party with friends, these tacos are truly versatile and impressive. Loaded with fresh ingredients and flavorful baked fish (once you try this recipe, you’ll be skipping the fish frying too!), these tacos will leave you feeling light, yet perfectly satisfied at the end of the meal. Once you make this recipe, everyday Tuesday will become Taco Tuesday.
- ½ pound tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 spring onions, diced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 lime
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush the tilapia fillets with a little olive oil and rub each fillet with cumin, cayenne, and a little salt and pepper. Arrange the fillets on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until the fish is opaque and flakey, around 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno, spring onions, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Season the salsa with salt and pepper and store in the fridge to let the flavors meld together.
- Once the fish is cooked through, gently break each fillet into a few pieces. Fill each taco with a dollop of salsa, a generous serving of seasoned tilapia, and a few avocado pieces. Squeeze a bit of lime juice on top of each taco and sprinkle on with cilantro. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving)