Chicken and Spinach Tacos
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Leafy greens are one of the healthiest foods you can put your hands on, so if you skipped your usual green smoothie in the morning, it’s time to make these chicken and spinach soft tacos for dinner. Other than quickly sautéing the chicken and cutting up a few veggies, there isn’t much work involved with these tacos, so they are a great option for an easy weeknight meal. We’re using corn tortillas for a gluten-free option, but any whole-grain wraps would also work. You can double up the chicken and cut up a few extra veggies, and you’ll have a fuss-free lunch or dinner for the next day as well.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, cumin, and oregano to the hot oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until the chicken develops a bit of color and is no longer pink in the middle, around 7-10 minutes.
- Divide the chicken between the 4 tortillas and layer on the sliced radishes, peppers, and baby spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle the parsley. Squeeze a little lime juice over each tortilla and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving)