One Pan Lemon Chicken & Asparagus
I am a huge fan of anything that will allow me to multitask in life! I love the idea of tossing something into the oven with very minimal prep while simultaneously getting the kids in the shower and cleaning up the living room. Nothing better then coming back to a healthy meal that awaits me in the oven that makes me look like I spent all day cooking for my family! Did I mention this is ONE pan so that means very little clean up! YES PLEASE!
This recipe to the Lemon Chicken and Asparagus is a practical, quick and delicious meal just by tossing everything on a baking sheet and letting it do it’s thing! Juicy, lemony chicken with a side crunch of asparagus.
- Bragg Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (optional for added flavor)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, (or more to your tastes)
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 bunches asparagus (37-40 spears), woody ends removed
- 1 lemon, sliced to garnish
- Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven. Preheat oven 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray and arrange the chicken on the sheet. Season chicken with salt; set aside.
- Combine together the lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, half of the parsley, salt and pepper. Pour three quarters freshly squeezed lemon over the chicken. Arrange the lemon slices over the top. Season with extra salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Uncover, arrange the asparagus around the chicken. Pour the remaining honey lemon mixture over the asparagus; season the asparagus with salt and pepper. Return to the oven to grill or broil until the chicken is golden and the asparagus is cooked. Garnish with the remaining parsley.
Nutritional Information: (serves 3 people)
Total Fat 13.9g
Total Carbohydrate 5.7g